• 1 tbsp Originz olive oil
• 11.5 - 2 tbsps of mixed spice
• ½ tbsp of salt
• 1 large tomato
• 1 Originz tomato paste
• Sunflower oil (for frying)
• 1 tablespoon Originz olive oil
• 1.5 -2 tablespoons of Mixed spice
• ½ table spoon of Salt
• Pinch of Pepper
• 500ml plain yoghurt
1. Clean and cut the cauliflower into medium size florets. Cut the eggplant to 1cm slices and season with salt. Allow it to stand for 20 minutes to let it sweat and then gently wipe some of the salt away with a kitchen towel.
2. Heat the oil for deep-frying in a large saucepan to 1800C. Fry cauliflower pieces until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.
3. Place the eggplant on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and brush with olive oil. Bake the eggplant in the oven for approximately 15-20 minutes until lightly browned and softened. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
4. Soak the rice in water for approximately 30 minutes.
5. Cut the tomato into slices and place these slices on the bottom a large pot.
6. Place the fried cauliflower and eggplant on top of the tomato slices. One side of the pot should have cauliflower, the other side eggplant.
7. Drain the rice from its water and add to it 1.5 tablespoons of mixed spice, ½ table spoon of salt and a pinch of pepper. Mix well for the spice to be evenly distributed and add the seasoned rice into the pot on top of the eggplant and cauliflower.
8. In 3 cups of rice add ½ bottle (150g) of Originz Tomato Paste. Mix well and pour on top of the rice inside the pot until it fully covers the rice.
9. Cook on high heat. Let it boil for a short while. Once the water level goes down slightly, lower the heat on minimum, cover the pot and let it cook for 30 minutes until the rice is soft.
10. Prepare a large round tray. Once the rice is fully cooked, remove the pot cover, place the rice tray on top of the pot and carefully flip the contents of the pot onto the tray. (this should be done right before serving and eating).
11. Makloobeh tastes best with a generous dollop of plain yoghurt on the side.
Irresistible Penne Arrabbiata
Pasta as it should be: flavorful, tempting, scrumptious and healthy!
Yummy Pasta Mushroom Stroganoff
Gluten-free, flavour-rich and great for special dinners!
Cucumber Salad With Olive Oil Dressing
Enjoy our delicious Cucumber Salad With Olive Oil Dressing recipe
Banana Berry Smoothie
Try our mouthwatering Banana Berry Smoothie recipe
Eggplant Mousakka (without bechamel)
Enjoy our delicious Eggplant Mousakka (without bechamel) recipe
Asian Style Veg Noodles
Enjoy our delicious Asian Style Veg Noodles
How To Make Ice Cream At Home ?
Discover the joy of homemade ice cream! Learn step-by-step how to make delicious ice cream at home with our easy guide.
How to Make Chicken Shawarma At Home
If you are a chicken shawarma lover then you must know how to make Super Easy Chicken Shawarma at home. Checkout this chicken shawarma recipe now!